ABOUT THE VENUE
Thabela’s venue overlooks the beautiful Dome Valley and consists of three interlinked spaces:
• An Outside Tea Garden Venue that is covered by huge shady trees and is ideal for guests to mingle and enjoy finger food and drinks.
• The ‘Stoep’ Venue, a semi open-air area that is ideal for small functions such as kitchen teas, baby showers or birthday parties.
• The Inside Venue with a long 22-seater wooden table that can be used for intimate dinner parties or small functions. The inside venue has a thatch roof and a huge fireplace which warms it up in winter.
Although interlinked, the three spaces make it possible to separate an area for a function to ensure more privacy.
Seating: The entire venue can seat 100 guests, 60 inside and 40 outside. Our speaker system makes it possible for outside guests to follow all the proceedings and speeches in the inside venue.
Functions and parties can be scheduled at any time or day that suits you and your guests. If you plan your function on a Saturday or Sunday, we recommend that you schedule the function after 15h00, to ensure more privacy, since Thabela‘s Tea Garden is rather busy on Saturdays and Sundays until after lunch.
If you book a function before 15h00 on a Saturday or Sunday, it is important to discuss the format of the function with us to ensure that we create a space for you that are more private.
We have three scrumptious catering options available:
1. Tea Garden Menu:
Your guests can order meals from the Tea Garden Menu or you can select the meals for the function from the menu. Meals for functions that are scheduled during daytime when the Tea Garden is open, must be pre-ordered.
2. Finger Food:
You can opt for platters with a variety of mouth-watering finger food, ideal for functions where guests mingle and eat simultaneously. Per-person prices vary between R65 – R190 per person, depending on how many items you choose to serve.
You can opt for a sit-down dinner and offer your guests an attractive buffet with tasty meat dishes, colourful veggies and salads as well as delectable dessert options. Per-person prices vary between R190 – R350.
We can offer you the following options:
• Order from the Tea Garden Menu/ Beverage Bar:
Soft drinks, still and sparkling water at the menu price.
• Champagne and fruit juice station:
An attractive display of fresh sliced fruit, fruit juices, champagne and glasses. Guests can mix their own champagne cocktails if they wish to. R50 per person.
• Coffee and tea station:
Self-help station with coffee, tea, milk, sugar & cups.
R20 per person.
• Welcome drinks:
Decorated, refreshing, colourful welcome drinks.
R20 per person (contains alcohol), R15 (alcohol free)
• Water, lemon & ice on the tables: R12 per person
• Cash Bar: Open September 2021 (variety of beers, ciders, wine and more).
Thabela’s Venue Fee includes the following:
• Table configuration, setup, and preparation of venue according to your needs. Clean-up after the function.
• An administrative and coordinating team to assist with the planning and managing of the function.
• Glassware, cutlery, crockery.
• Easels and blackboards for messages, signage and indicators.
• Cake table, cake stand, cake knife & lifter.
• Buffet area with chafing dishes, crockery and utensils for serving.
• A podium and speaker’s cabinet with microphone for toasts and speeches.
• A data projector, laptop and screen to create ambiance with photos or videos.
• A speaker system and background music.
• Waiters to serve guests.
• Staff to assist with directing guests to parking and function areas.
Day function 8h00 – 17h00: R500
Evening function 16h00 – 20h00: R2000
R500 per hour after 20h00.
* Payable in advance to secure your booking.
DÉCOR AND FLOWERS
You can opt to do your own venue and table décor (e.g., napkins, flowers, underplates) or we can do it for you. If you opt to make use of our décor service, we will set up a meeting to discuss and brainstorm ideas with you and sent you a quote for the décor afterwards.
To book your function contact Chantel de Meyer:
060 923 2265
056 818 1116
'Discover the Dome' talk